New Materials at Planetree Health Resource Center
This is a sample of the new materials available for checkout at Planetree Health
Resource Center. You can e-mail email@example.com
or call 296-8444 to request materials. If you're an MCMC employee, items can be checked out and sent to you
through interoffice mail.
- Cut It Out: The C-Section Epidemic in America.
By Theresa Morris.
- Bailey & Scott’s Diagnostic Microbiology. 13th Ed.
By Patricia Tille.
- Calm Mama Happy Baby: The Simple, Intuitive Way to Tame Tears, Improve Sleep, and Help Your Family Thrive.
By Derek O’Neill and Jennifer Waldburger.
- Frog’s Breathtaking Speech: How Children (and Frogs) Can Use Yoga Breathing to Deal with Anxiety, Anger and Tension. (Children's book)
By Michael Chissick and Sarah Peacock.
- Health Insurance Today: A Practical Approach. 4th Ed.
By Janet Beik.
- Kicking Cancer in the Kitchen.
By Annette Ramke.
- Preventing Workplace Bullying: An Evidence-Based Guide for Managers and Employees.
By Carlo Caponecchia and Anne Wyatt.
- Qigong for Self-Healing: Awaken Your Inner Healing Power with Movement & Self Massage. [DVD]
By Lee Holden.
- Siblings of Children with Autism : A Guide for Families. 3rd Ed.
By Sandra Harris and Beth Glasberg.
- “Why Does He Do That?” “Why Does She Do That?”: Two Relationship Experts Reveal the Naked Truth About Dating in the 21st Century.
By Paula Bloom and Reef Karim.
- Yoga XXL: A Journey to Health for Bigger People.
By Ingrid Kollak.
This Month's Highlight:
Parenting Your Emerging Adult: Launching Kids from 18 to 29.
By Varda Konstam.
Book Description: They’re back or maybe they never left, your eighteen- to thirty-year-old emerging adults. They have been called narcissistic and self-absorbed. These Millenials, Generation Y or Boomerang Kids, face higher costs of living, higher college debt loads and a sense of material entitlement and they are clinging to the parental nest. Some 56 percent of men and 48 percent of women eighteen to twenty-four years old are living with their already recession-strapped parents. Parents of emerging adults are clearly “stressed-out” and in need of practical, credible advice. Parenting Your Emerging Adult is empowering and “uplifting”, offering strategies parents need to get their emerging adults living successfully on their own.
Parents will develop an understanding of this developmental period and how it intersects with the current economic, social and political times. They will become better grounded and confident in their abilities to make informed, sound decisions and will learn how to pick their battles, see the big picture and find effective solutions.
Konstam demonstrates how learning to "work with the grain” and fostering independence, rules and consequences, parents will end the codependency, coddling and poor modeling so their emerging adult child will be successfully launched.
*Don't have a card with us?...come in and fill out our library card application
and we will make a PHRC library card for you.
**Looking for something specific?...Search our
on-line library catalog. Planetree Health Resource Center is now linked
to more than 70 libraries in eastern Oregon through the
Sage Library System. If we don't have what you are looking for, there's
a good chance we have access to it!
-Editorial Review Note: This is a sample of the new materials available for
checkout at Planetree Health Resource Center. To request a hold for any of our materials,
please call 296-8444.