While many things have changed as a result of COVID-19, our commitment to your health and safety has never wavered.
We urge you to get vaccinated, as the vaccines are highly effective at reducing serious complications from COVID-19.
If you have symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, please STAY HOME and contact your physician for further guidance.
MCMC Family Medicine: 541-296-9151
MCMC Internal Medicine: 541-506-6920
MCMC Pediatrics: 541-506-6520
When your physician is unavailable, MCMC offers Immediate Care, conveniently located on the first floor of Water’s Edge. Immediate Care is a walk-in clinic for urgently needed care. No appointment needed.
If you are having difficulty breathing, seek medical attention at your nearest Emergency Department.
MCMC Mask Policy
Masks are strongly recommended in all locations.
Where to Get a COVID Test
COVID-19 testing at MCMC is not for travel or any events that require proof of a negative test. Some employers may require their employees to get tested regularly if they are not vaccinated. MCMC is unable to accommodate those requests at this time.
Below is a list of local testing options. All tests are free to the public, though some entities may bill your insurance if you have it:
- Mid-Columbia Medical Center offers tests to current patients who have had an exposure or symptoms. A doctor’s order is required. No pre-travel testing. Wait time is 1-2 days. Patients without a healthcare provider can be seen at MCMC Immediate Care at Water’s Edge. The MCMC emergency room is not a designated outpatient COVID-19 testing site.
- North Central Public Health District tests anyone who has had an exposure or has symptoms. (No pre- travel testing.) Testing is done Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Call 541-506-2600 to book.
- One Community Health tests its current patients, as well as Tribal members, seasonal workers and those without insurance or a health provider. Call 541-296-4610
- Walgreen’s schedules rapid testing (24-hour turnaround) and PCR testing (3-7 day turnaround, useable for travel purposes) online at walgreens.com or at the Walgreen’s app. The store in The Dalles is not doing rapid tests currently due to lack of supplies. They also sell at-home tests in the store.
- Safeway, Fred Meyer, Bi-Mart, and Rite-Aid do not offer testing. All except Safeway sell at-home tests but they often sell out quickly.
For more information
In partnership with North Central Public Health District and the Oregon Health Authority, 211 is the go-to public phone number to get general info about Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). This service is available 7 days a week, from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Call 211 or 1-866-698-6155.
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov
- Oregon Health Authority: https://www.oregon.gov/oha
- North Central Public Health District: https://ncphd.org