Viewing Your Records
With MyChart patient portal, you now have a direct link to access your own personal health records immediately. Log in to MyChart now to do the following:
- View your test results such as lab results, radiology reports and pathology reports
- Download or reprint education documents and discharge instructions
- View or download summaries of visits and complete health summaries
- Access your health records, such as immunizations, allergies, and medications
Please note that not all medical records are viewable and/or retrievable through the patient portal. For records that are not available through the patient portal, submit a request using one of the methods below.
To obtain your medical records, download the “Patient Authorization to Disclose Health Information” form below, complete it, and return it to us by mail or by fax to:
MCMC Health Information Management
1700 East 19th Street
The Dalles OR 97058.
MCMC Health Information Management at 541-296-7617.
Please allow 2 weeks processing time. You may then pick up your records from our office at the above address, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., or we will mail them to you. Fees for retrieval and copies may apply.
If your doctor’s office needs your records, please have the office contact us directly by calling 541-296-7294 or faxing a request to 541-296-7617.
Electronic copies: If your record was prepared on our electronic health record, we will be able to place it on a disk or thumb drive for you. Please specify this on your request form.
Some records will be available automatically in your online electronic record portal “MyChart.” Your clinic provider can give you access next time you visit; or if you bring photo ID, our Health Information Management staff can also sign you up for this free service.
If you visited MCMC after 12/6/15, we can release key portions of your record directly to your MyChart. Either:
- Indicate “MyChart” on the Patient Authorization form, or
- Log into MyChart using this link and fill out the online request form, being as specific as possible in the Explanation field: http://mychartmcmc.cc.ohsu.edu/
After you have read your records, if you believe there is a material discrepancy, you are welcome to file the Record Amendment form; please be specific and send a copy of what you think the error is. We will present your form and document to the provider who made the entry and reply with our findings.
Patient Information Forms & Documents