When you make a gift to the Mid-Columbia Health Foundation, you may donate in honor, in memory, or in support of someone:
In addition, you may designate your contribution to one of our many specific funds:
Statistically, one in eight women will be diagnosed with the invasive type of breast cancer during their lifetime. The Breast Health Program, formerly known as Breast Health for Strong Families, was created to help care for women so they can care for their families. The program provides:
- Breast health education & outreach
- Transportation assistance
- Free mammograms for those who qualify
Those interested in breast health education or mammogram qualifications can contact us at 541-506-6582.
Help us ensure that cardiac patients are able to attend the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. Program participants are led through recovery from a cardiac event or diagnosis by a team of experts at MCMC including the program coordinator, exercise specialists, physicians, physical therapists and dietitians.
Your donation will help patients with things like transportation, proper shoes for exercise, program fees and education. Please make your donation today.
Providing alternative therapies and support to cancer patients and survivors; from acupuncture, to massage, to gas cards and wigs.
The Chaplain’s Fund at MCMC provides emergency assistance to patients and employees. When people are at their most vulnerable, funds are used to help make a difficult situation a little bit easier. Donations to the Chaplain’s Fund are accepted and appreciated year round.
You can help our most vulnerable patients with a donation to the Pulmonary Rehab Fund. Donations from donors like you help patients in the Pulmonary Rehab Program pay for things like program fees and proper shoes for exercise. You can help by making your donation online now.
Donations to the Reach Out & Read Fund provide age and culturally appropriate books for children 0-6 years old attending Well Child visits at MCMC clinics. Help us give the gift of literacy to children in our community.
Books for the Reach Out and Read Program provided in part by Rivermark Community Credit Union.
Below are descriptions of Mid Columbia Health Foundation funds.
Patient Assistance Funds help contribute to more positive outcomes and quality of life for qualifying patients both physically and mentally by providing basic necessities, for example health screenings, proper exercise shoes, BP cuffs, etc.
- Breast Health
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Celilo Cancer Center
- Chaplain’s Fund
- Marge Toda Cancer Fund for Children
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Screening Assistance
- Susan D. Peterson Diabetes
- Visiting Health Patient Assistance
- Water’s Edge Patient Assistance
Community Support Funds are used to sustain and increase the quality of life throughout the Mid-Columbia Region
- Area of Greatest Need
- Celilo House
- Great n’ Small
- Healthy Community Healthy Youth
- Reach Out and Read
Scholarship Funds are established to help local residents pay for their educational costs.
- Randy Rood Memorial Scholarship
- Wasco Lodge Masonic Scholarship
- Evelyn Kaser Nursing Scholarship
- Lorna & Joseph Family Nursing Scholarship
- Non-Traditional Nursing Student Scholarship
Training funds provide financial support for MCMC employees to increase training for specialized care.
- Cancer Care Nursing Training
- Marty Aalbers Nurse Training
- K. Swartz Fund
Funds used to promote and provide exceptional healthcare in the Mid-Columbia Area
- Hospital Expansion Project – Capital Projects
- MCMC Visiting Health Services – Training, educational materials and support materials for VHS employees.
- Mid-Columbia Medical Center – General hospital projects, programs & services