The Breast Center at MCMC was the first in Oregon and the only one in The Gorge since 2009 to earn national accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). Our comprehensive breast care services include:
- 3D mammography (tomosynthesis)
- Stereotactic breast biopsies
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy
- Partial breast radiation utilizing high-dose-rate brachytherapy
Our various integrated therapy programs are made even more effective by our state-of-the-art facilities that include three pools, several fitness gyms, and cutting-edge rehabilitation technology. We can help patients without insurance obtain free mammograms through the Breast Health for Strong Families Program.
Breast cancer, like many other cancers, is treatable if detected early. Speak with your doctor about your risk factors and how often you should receive a breast cancer screening.
Here are several tips for breast cancer screening and detection:
- If you are over 40, get a digital mammogram annually.
- Don’t put off screening due to discomfort; it is essential to detect breast cancer early.
- Know if your family has a history of breast cancer, which could impact you.
- Be aware of how your normal breast tissue looks and feels and note changes by visual and manual self-breast exam.
- Possible early symptoms include nipple tenderness, nipple discharge, or any changes in the appearance of breasts or nipples.
- Seek medical attention if a change in appearance or a suspicious lump is detected.