Welcome to Columbia River Women’s Center (CRWC). Here are a few tips to make your first appointment as successful as possible. We look forward to seeing you in the office.
Before Your First Appointment
- Verify the CRWC provider you wish to see has contracted with your insurance plan. If necessary, obtain a referral from your primary care provider.
- If you’re coming to see us for a wellness visit and any related screening, verify that you meet your insurance company’s requirements.
- If you do not have insurance, contact our business office.
- Write down any questions or concerns you wish to discuss and bring them with you.
What To Bring
- Insurance card and photo identification
- A list of questions or concerns
- A list of all current medications you are taking
- A deposit for services, unless your insurance plan is an HMO or PPO, in which case we request your co-payment only – we accept checks, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover), and cash
Forms and Documents
Known as digital breast tomosynthesis or 3D mammography, this technique creates a three-dimensional picture of the breast. The images allow a radiologist to evaluate the breast layer by layer and reduces the need for being called back for additional testing. Several studies have found that 3D mammograms increase the detection of invasive breast cancer by 30-40% compared to traditional mammography while also reducing the number of false positives.
With this technology, radiologists and physicians can better identify possible abnormalities in the breast at an early stage when they’re easier to treat.
Call 541-506-6582 to find out if you qualify for a free mammogram!