Integrated Oncology Therapies and Support
At Celilo, we focus on cancer and how it affects the body, mind, and spirit of our patients and their loved ones. We offer the following therapies and patient support services in addition to traditional chemo and radiation therapies.
Please click on the following links to learn more:
Spiritual care plays a vital role in enhancing the healing potential of many patients. Spiritual Care staff members and volunteers offer a caring presence as they listen to you and your family members’ concerns, fears, or questions regarding treatment or another aspect of their life.
Located outside, directly in front of Celilo, the labyrinth is a tool for walking, reflection, relaxation, meditation, and prayer. As you stroll quietly along the beautiful stone path, you can find strength, peace, and awareness to cope with cancer and its effects. To arrange a visit with a Spiritual Care staff member, call 541-506-6999.
Healing takes many forms. Our healing garden features a peaceful setting to offer restoration from the mental and emotional fatigue of treatment.
The Celilo House offers a temporary home for cancer patients and their families who travel from out of town for care at Celilo.
More than just shelter, it also provides a link to the hospital, its services and people. It serves as a refuge for those undergoing cancer treatments and offers a chance for families to connect with others facing similar situations. Most of all, it allows our patients the opportunity to remain in the company of loved ones and focus their attention on healing.
For information on Celilo House accommodations, please call (541) 506-6984.
Celilo House accommodations are made possible through funding from the Mid-Columbia Health Foundation.
Because knowledge can facilitate healing, Celilo patients are encouraged to learn more about their disease. The Joan Wolf Patient Resource Center provides easy access to abundant resources to help patients and their families grow their knowledge of their condition.
As part of your comprehensive care here at Celilo we have an Oncology Social Work team to support patients, their families, and caregivers. Social Workers bring compassionate understanding to your cancer care: supporting you in reducing stress, coping with your diagnosis, and connecting you to community programs and resources.
- Cancer survivor support in all areas of health and wellness including physical, emotional, sexual and spiritual well-being
- Supportive counseling services for coping, adjusting, and planning for life with cancer
- Advocacy during medical conversations and treatment decisions
- Navigation through your social security benefits, disability benefits, and insurance coverage
- Grief and loss support
- Planning for life as a cancer survivor
We can help you access:
- Financial assistance
- Advance directives and end-of-life planning
- Hospice or Palliative care
- Community mental health and counseling services
- Spiritual care
- Message Therapy and Acupuncture
- Transportation, lodging, and housing resources during treatment
- Caregiving services, home health, and hospice care
- Other relevant information and community-based referral
Part of our services are made possible through funding from the Mid-Columbia Health Foundation.