When you need health care services at home, we will be there for you. Our Visiting Health Services team can aid your recovery from an accident, illness, or surgery by offering a vast range of therapeutic and support services. We can also help you live better with a chronic condition such as diabetes, cancer, emphysema, or heart disease. Visiting Health Services will help you stay where you belong — in the comfort of your home.
- The patient as a partner in goal setting and decision making
- The family as an integral part of the home care team
- Compassionate responsiveness to the patient’s/family’s needs
- Our role as a partner in strengthening community resources
Your physician will direct your home care team that may include:
- Registered Nurses: Specially trained in-home care nurses will evaluate your condition and provide skilled nursing services. They offer instruction on care, including skin/wound management, skilled aspects of care, medical management, antibiotic administration, pain medication, IV therapy services, pediatric care, long-term chronic care, such as heart failure, COPD, and diabetes. Total joint care in collaboration with orthopedic physicians.
- Physical Therapists: Provide mobility assessment and treatments, build strength and mobility after injury, stroke rehabilitation, unique therapies, osteoporosis and fall prevention, pediatric care, and total joint care in collaboration with orthopedic physicians.
- Occupational Therapists: Help with activities of daily living, self-care, and safety issues, adapt homes for special needs, provide access to special equipment, teach energy-saving methods for patients with lung and heart problems (including pediatric care), and total joint care in collaboration with orthopedic doctors.
- Social Workers: Link patients to community resources, long-term planning, support with adjustment to diagnoses, and changing health circumstances.
- Speech-Language Pathologists: Assess and treat disorders related to difficulty speaking or swallowing, progressive neurological problems, stroke, traumatic brain injury, speech after tracheotomy, and many other conditions, including pediatric care.
- Home Health Aides: Provide personal care such as bathing, ostomy care, household tasks, and prescribed exercises.
We schedule home visits Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. but can make special arrangements for evenings and weekends. Nurses are on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We service Wasco, Sherman, Hood River, and Klickitat.
- Licensed in Oregon and Washington
- Medicare Certified
- Accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
Visiting Health Services is not a substitute for treatment by your physician nor for personalized care that only a hospital or nursing home can provide. Your physician’s plan of care will dictate the duration of your visits, which are usually short.
We can evaluate your home and make recommendations for safety aids to make activities of daily living easier and safer for you and those helping you with your home care. We’ll help you locate any home medical equipment you may need to buy or rent, such as a hospital bed, bathtub, grab bars, or a wheelchair.