MCMC’s pediatric therapists are dedicated to helping children, adolescents and young adults with a full scope of therapy services including occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy. We work with children from birth to age 21.
We specialize in:
- Developmental Movement and Mobility: Improving posture, positioning, sitting, standing, walking and running.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation: For neuromuscular diseases, spine and limb deformities, toe walking and post operative needs.
- Injury Rehabilitation: Helping children reduce pain, and increase strength, coordination, flexibility and range of motion after an injury.
- Aquatic Therapy: Functional therapeutic exercise in our warm salt-water pool.
- Wheelchair Seating Clinic: Individual analysis for appropriate wheelchair, seating or power systems.
- Orthotics and Prosthetics: Bracing, splints and prosthesis fitting and training.
- Durable Medical Equipment: Individual analysis for appropriate bracing, assistive devices, and standing frames to improve functional independence.
- Language Intervention: Addressing expressive/receptive delays, from infant to adolescent.
- Articulation / Phonological Treatment: For speech sound disorders and motor speech disorders.
- Treatment of Fluency Disorders.
- Resonance Disorders : Related to craniofacial anomalies such as cleft palate or velopharyngeal problems.
- Cognitive Therapy for Traumatic Brain Injury
- Feeding & Swallowing Therapy: To address safe swallowing and strategies for transitioning/expanding food repertoire.
- Sensory Processing: Assisting children in modulation and regulation of sensory input for improved ability to perform daily activities such as playing, schoolwork, eating, dressing, sleeping and self-care.
- Motor Skills: Development of fine and gross motor skills to improve balance, coordination, strength and endurance.
- Activities of Daily Living: Improving independence with self-care skills.
- Adaptive Equipment: Design, fabrication, fitting and training for assistive devices.
- Aquatic Therapy: For vestibular stimulation, sensory integration and learning motor movements in a supportive environment.
|Office:||551 Lone Pine Blvd|
|The Dalles OR 97058|
|Office:||1700 E 19th Street|
|The Dalles OR 97058|